Are you looking for things to do at home in Chicago?
For the last fifteen years (at least!), we’ve been sending out a weekly newsletter highlighting things to do in Chicago for the weekend.
Since that’s on hold, yet your desire to see and do things is not, we’re going to share things you can do at home. Don’t worry; we won’t be sharing knitting tutorials or how to organize your pantry. (Not that there’s anything wrong with either of those. I mean, knowing how to knit would come in handy right now.)
Instead, we’ll post links to places to explore from the comfort of your home, as well as virtual entertainment, like concerts, theatrical performances, author readings, chef demonstrations, etc, from creatives based in the Chicago area.
There’s also a list of additional resources with ideas, advice, and links to ways people and companies are creatively bridging the social distancing requirements.
This will be a running list and we’ll try to keep it current, but please forgive us if there are any outdated virtual events.
Things to do at home in Chicago
- Mommy Poppins Virtual Concerts, Storytimes, Events, and Classes
- Chicago Service Relief – virtual tip jars to support the staff at your favorite bars and restaurants
- Chicago Gallery News – featuring virtual gallery tours
- National Hellenic Museum – 20,000+ Greek American artifacts, photos, historic newspapers, books and more than 450 recorded oral histories
- A Social Distancing Staycation – virtual field trip, museums, cooking demos, tours, and classes around the world
- Experience Travel without leaving home – Tips from Postcard Jar on being armchair travelers