The first rule of Flight Club: make sure the food and drinks are as fun as the darts.
Flight Club (111 W. Wacker) opens on Saturday May 5, 2018 and hopes to bring a new concept in social entertainment to the River North/Loop area: Darts. Located above its partner concept, AceBounce, the ping pong bar-restaurant, Flight Club occupies two floors of prime real estate overlooking the Chicago River at Clark and Wacker and features custom-made cocktails, incredible food options and fun gameplay.
Whimsically decorated with a nod to its British roots, (Flight Club started and has two outposts in London), the restaurant/bar has 14 dart carrells or “oches” (rhymes with “hockey”) which come with a state of the art, all electronic game play area, semi-private food and beverage space and special seating for up to 20 players. Fight Club has taken the traditional game and developed a modern, multiplayer, technology driven experience. Anyone can join in, guided by dart concierges/gamemasters, who are there to help novices and pros alike through the rules of the four available games. The automatic scoring makes it easy and fun, both crucial elements for an activity which often includes drinking.
While darts are fun, the essential ingredients to success are food and beverage. Flight Club shines on both counts. Chef Rick Gresh showcases some terrific food options that are thoughtfully considered. “The most important factor with the food was making sure it is delicious, but also easy to eat while waiting for your turn at darts.” Some of the featured items include:
- Q’s Oysters: oysters on the half shell, caviar, lemon crème fraiche, red onion, hard-boiled egg
- Yuzu guacamole: corn nut crunch, jalapeño powder, tortilla chips
- Chicago onion dip: spring veggies, gaufrette potato chips
- Tandoori chicken skewers: mango chutney, spice yogurt
- Tempura asparagus: Thai spice rack sauce
- Adult cotton candy: lemongrass and key lime
Flight Club also has a full bar program featuring the talents of beverage director, Peter Vestinos. Each cocktail will include a botanical. The inventive cocktail menu includes:
- The Taurus: apple brandy, saffron gin, pomegranate scented green tea, grenadine, lime juice, egg white
- The Royal Lion: gunpowder green tea, infused gin, English Breakfast tea, thyme, East India sherry, lemon
- The Butterfly: citrus vodka, orange blossom honey, Americano liqueurs, lime, San Pellegrino blood orange soda
- The White Tiger: rum, coconut liqueur, Arrack, curried coconut cream, lime, clove
- The Iguana: a blend of Jamaican rums, ginger, hibiscus liqueur, allspice, gingerbread rooibos tea, lime
Hours of Operation:
Sunday: 11:00a – 9:00p
Monday – Wednesday: 11:30a – 11:00p
Thursday—Friday: 11:30a – 1:00a
Saturday: 11:00a – 1:00a
Flight Club, 111 W. Wacker Drive