Father’s Day is this Sunday and you don’t have a gift yet? Never fear. We’ve got some great ideas for the dads in your life. Sure, you could buy him the same ol’ same ol’, but we believe that experiences make more memories than anything that could potentially be forgotten in a drawer. Bonus: we’ve found some amazing deals so you can say “Thanks Dad” without breaking your budget.
Helicopter Introductory Flight Lesson
Take dad to new heights with an introductory helicopter lesson from Bachman Aero in Schaumburg. During the half-hour flight he’ll actually get to take the controls.
- Where: Bachman Aero, 906 W Irving Park Rd, Schaumburg
- How Much: $295 – get it for $149
Paragliding Over Illinois
Who needs doors and windshields and stuff like that? Give your dad the gift of flight with a one-hour tandem paragliding experience.
- Where: Chicago Paragliding, 34001 E 2000 N Rd, Cullom
- How Much: $300 – get it for $149
If dad’s a duffer get him a gift he’ll really enjoy – a day on the links. At Highland Park Country Club you can get him a tee time with a cart, a bucket of balls, and a drink credit for $40. Join him and it’ll be just $79.
Bolingbrook Golf Club also has a special offer. For $129 you and dad (or dad and his best golfing buddy) can play a round that includes a cart, a bucket of balls, snacks at the turn, lunch or dinner at the Nest Bar & Grill, and a drink per person. Fore!
- Where: Highland Park Country Club, 1201 Park Ave West, Highland Park
- How Much: $40 for one, $79 for two
- Where: Bolingbrook Golf Club, 2001 Rodeo Dr, Bolingbrook
- How Much: $129 for two
Jazz with Ramsey Lewis
Celebrate under the stars with a jazz concert at Ravinia on Father’s Day. Ramsey Lewis brings a lineup of musicians to the outdoor concert venue, including John Pizzarelli, Monty Alexander, Allan Harris and the Joey Alexander Trio.
- Where: Ravinia Festival, 200 Ravinia Park Rd, Highland Park
- How Much: $45 – get tickets for $22.50
Fireworks Paddle on Chicago River
There’s nothing quite like seeing the fireworks off Navy Pier from water level. Get dad an experience he’ll remember forever with a kayak on the Chicago River.
- Where: Wateriders, 500 N Kingsbury St
- How Much: $130 for two; get it for $75
AlphaBeer – Beer from A to Z
Of course, we have to include AlphaBeer! Our signature tasting event that features a craft beer for every letter of the alphabet is coming up on June 25. That’s my dad, and just look how happy is! Don’t you want your dad to be that happy, too? 😉
- Where: AJ Hudson’s, 3801 N Ashland Ave
- How Much: $50/person
Looking for more ways to celebrate dad? Check out our Father’s Day calendar of events and specials.