OpenTable has just released its list of the top 100 Best Steakhouses in America for 2016, and Chicagoans are near seventeen of them. (Lucky us!)
The popular reservation system invites its users to review a restaurant after dining. Since the reservations are verified by the restaurants, it’s ensured that the people leaving the reviews have actually dined at the place they’re reviewing. OpenTable then compiles these verified reviews into “best of” lists, including the best steakhouses in the country.
The Chicago Best Steakhouses in America are (in alphabetical order):
- Bavette’s Bar & Boeuf, 218 W Kinzie St.
- Benny’s Chop House, 444 N Wabash Ave
- The Capital Grille – Downtown, 633 N St. Claire
- The Capital Grille – Lombard, 87 Yorktown Shopping Ctr
- Chama Gaucha Brazilian Steakhouse, 3008 Finley Rd, Downer’s Grove
- Chicago Cut Steakhouse, 300 N LaSalle St
- Gibson’s Bar & Steakhouse – Rosemont, 5464 N River Rd
- Gibson’s Bar & Steakhouse – Oak Brook, 2015 Spring Rd
- Gibson’s Bar & Steakhouse – Chicago, 1028 N Rush St
- Harry Caray’s Italian Steakhouse – 33 W Kinzie St
- Lawry’s The Prime Rib – 100 E Ontario St
- Maple & Ash – 8 W Maple St
- Mastro’s Steakhouse – 520 N Dearborn
- Perry’s Steakhouse & Grille, 5 Oakbrook Center, Oak Brook
- ROKA AKOR, 456 N Clark St
- RPM Steak, 66 W Kinzie St
- Swift & Sons, 1000 W Fulton Mkt
Congratulations! You can see the entire list and search by state on OpenTable’s website.
Visit our interactive map and directory to find more Chicago steakhouses.
Photo: Bavette’s dry-aged bone-in ribeye