“Time Out Market is unlike anything else—it is the world’s first food and cultural market based wholly on editorial curation,” says Time Out Market CEO Didier Souillat. “Time Out journalists have been writing about the best of Chicago since 2005 and people have relied on our magazine and website ever since to experience this great city. Now we are bringing this curation to life at Time Out Market. Our local Time Out critics have tested, tasted and reviewed the best of the city and then we have selected and invited the very best to join Time Out Market Chicago. It is all about making fine dining casual, and casual extraordinary—we call it the democratization of fine dining.”
Time Out Market just announced that it will open on Thursday, November 21 at 8 a.m.
Located at 916 W Fulton Market, the highly anticipated food and cultural market will bring the best of the city under one roof, including 18 of Chicago’s most outstanding chefs and restaurateurs, exciting craft cocktails, culinary and cultural experiences from local talent and more—all handpicked by Time Out Chicago’s editorial team.
In addition to the previously announced lineup of chefs and restaurants (see details later in this post), Time Out Market Chicago had finally revealed the additions to the all-star lineup: Band of Bohemia will bring its award-winning brewpub concept, Chef Kevin Hickey and Brandon Phillips will offer a fresh take on Italian beef with the debut of Decent Beef, Sugar Cube will serve whimsical sweet treats and Tortello will bring a taste of Italy to the market’s demonstration and event kitchens on the second floor.
Time Out Market Chicago is a food and cultural market bringing the best of the city under one roof: its best chefs, drinks and cultural experiences, based on the editorial curation Time Out has always been known for. Time Out Market Chicago will give guests a true taste of the city with 18 eateries to choose from, three bars and a demonstration kitchen.
The 50,000-square-foot brick building—spanning three floors—will also offer an event venue, a retail area, an entertainment platform with bleacher seating and an indoor/outdoor rooftopcomplete with impressive views of the city skyline.
The line-up of chefs participating in the Time Out Market Chicago is an impressive roster of Chicago’s best, including the following:
- Chef Brian Fisher of Michelin-starred Entente will bring approachable high-end dishes to Time Out Market
- Chef Bill Kim will serve unique takes on casual Asian cuisine
- Chef Thai Dang will offer vibrant flavors through his masterfully executed modern Vietnamese fare
- Jimmy Bannos, Jr.’s The Purple Pig will come to Time Out Market with shareable, mouth-watering charcuterie boards
- Split-Rail will introduce its pristine fried chicken at Time Out Market Chicago
- Mini Mott will be at Time Out Market with their signature burger, lauded as one of the best in the country
- The Art of Pizza will serve fan-favorite creations and award-winning pies
- Pretty Cool Ice Cream will bring their much-lauded hand-crafted artisan ice cream to Time Out Market
- Abe Conlon will bring a unique and diverse Portuguese-inspired menu to Time Out Market
- John Manion will share his vibrant flame-kissed flavors at Time Out Market
- Chef Kevin Hickey of The Duck Inn will offer scrumptious signature hot dogs
- Lost Larson will bring a drool-worthy pastry program to Time Out Market Chicago
- FARE will make Time Out Market visitors feel their best with healthy, clean and flavorforward dishes
- Funkenhausen will serve a soulful mashup of Southern and Bavarian cuisines Dos Urban Cantina will bring a menu rooted in Mexican flavors to Time Out Market
Time Out Market Chicago is part of the global expansion of this successful culinary phenomenon. In 2014, the editorial team behind Time Out Lisbon turned a historic market building into Time Out Market Lisbon, the world’s first food and cultural market based wholly on editorial curation. Today, it is Portugal’s most popular attraction with 3.9 million visitors in 2018. Time Out Market is now expanding globally with new sites in Miami and New York (both opened in May 2019), and Boston (opened in June 2019), with Chicago and Montreal also following this year. Dubai is set to open in 2020, London-Waterloo in 2021 and Prague in 2022.
Some of the most exciting offerings at Time Out Market Chicago will take place on the second floor. A recent announcement gives a glimpse into some of those plans, including:
- A hidden speakeasy: Time Out Market Chicago will feature on the second floor a hidden speakeasy where Paul McGee and Shelby Allison of Lost Lake fame will debut a brand-new cocktail concept called Secret Sound. The award-winning team is known for its imaginative tiki cocktails and tropical concoctions, which have elevated the Logan Square bar to institution status.
- Demonstration and event kitchen: Two key elements of the market’s second floor are its demonstration kitchen and event kitchen, where a rotating schedule of activations will include pop-ups and cooking classes from up-and-coming chefs and established culinary talent. This is where Chef Erick Williams will be activating a culinary event series.
- Bleacher seating and pop-up area: From the bleacher seating, guests can view a massive, 32.8ft x 6.5ft screen, which will showcase artwork from local illustrators and more. The close-by pop-up area will be activated throughout the year with events like a harvest festival for families, a holiday market, live art, local artisans, music performances, and DJs.
Time Out Market Chicago will be located at 916 West Fulton Market. To stay up-to-date on the latest from Time Out Market Chicago, please follow at Instagram – @timeoutmarketchicago and @timeoutchefs as well as www.timeoutmarket.com/chicago or on Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/timeoutmarketchicago.