Your Chicago Guide, formerly The Local Tourist Chicago, is one of the most popular and respected resources for things to do and places to go in Chicago. Over nearly twenty years we’ve established a reputation as the go-to source for entertainment options. There are thousands of attractions and events in this city, but with our curated content and trustworthy recommendations, both locals and tourists find it easy to plan their Chicago experience.
Theresa Goodrich, The Local Tourist’s Founder and Publisher, is a recognized influencer. She’s a trained journalist and an Emmy-winning writer and content creator who has appeared in Crain’s Chicago, the Chicago Tribune, and Chicagoist, and on WGN, WLUP, ChicagonistaLive, ArcLight Connects, and WCIU’s You and Me. She was one of the founding bloggers of ChicagoNow, was the Chicago Expert for Answers.com, and is a contributor to 1000TravelTips.com.
She’s also spoken on marketing, motivation, and entrepreneurship at several panels and conferences, including the Chicago Auto Show and the Travel & Adventure Show.
When you work with The Local Tourist, you work with one of Chicago’s most well-respected websites and biggest cheerleaders.
Why You Should Work With Your Chicago Guide
- Your Chicago Guide knows your audience. We’ve shared thousands and thousands of recommendations, and we’re intimately familiar with what excites people enough to get out there and explore.
- We reach Chicagoans where they are: online, on the most active social networks, and in their inboxes.
- We know events. As the host of seventeen AlphaBeer events and over 80 Chef’s Table events, Your Chicago Guide knows what it takes to successfully market an event, and we’ve developed a complete Event Marketing Package that reaches our ever-expanding audience in multiple formats.
- We’re also affordable. Marketing can be expensive, and our goal is to provide options for every budget. Most importantly, we want each and every one of our partners to feel like they’ve received more than their money’s worth.
- Finally, we hand-pick our clients and will only work with companies that we respect and that our audience will love. Our audience knows this, which means they trust our recommendations. We take “know, like, and trust” seriously in every aspect of our business.
We also offer a suite of promotional options for both businesses and events. To learn more about our various marketing opportunities please email us. We look forward to working with you!